Friday, October 15, 2010

Sorry

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to this blog. After the internet outage we had, my wife and I got a puppy and this has been taking up all of my time.

On to the post.

Welcome to one of the best sports weekends of the year!

Look at what you have to watch this weekend. Hockey is back in full swing. The final four of major league baseball will be playing 5 games this weekend. College football on Saturday, NFL on Sunday. There is even a Nascar race Saturday night if that is your thing.

As I write this the Rangers are beating the Yankees 3-0 in game one of the ALCS.

So who I am cheering for this weekend?

Rangers and Phillies. Which kind of hurts me because the baseball fan in me wants to see the Yankees and the Phillies for the benefit of the game. The sports fan in me wants to see the Giants vs the Yankees based on the history. The underdog in me is rooting for Giants/Rangers.

However I think Rangers/Phillies would have the best baseball. Could Cliff Lee single handedly win the world series for the Rangers so that he could get paid the largest contract in MLB history from the Yankees next year. The Phillies are the best team in baseball and of all of the teams still playing I think are the most deserving to hold up that trophy.

Enjoy this weekend, there are not many this great left.

No comments: